Saturday, December 24, 2011

New Loom


Yesterday I was at it again-drilling lots of little holes and hammering tacks into my home-made 6.5' x 2' rectangle loom. I wanted it wide enough to make a shawl, but I plan to use it mostly for art yarn scarves. Using the art yarn as the warp, it really shows off the coils and bumps and wild stuff that was spun into it. I'm using the Stardust yarn I got from Hearthside Fibers (Johnson Creek, WI) as the weft and will weave it loosely. I've only got about 3 passes of the weft so far. I have to stop to go fight the crowds at the grocery store for a bit, but then plan to come back and see how long it takes to finish. I'm sure I'll be back to post pictures later.

2 comments:

  1. I keep meaning to make a huge peg loom to weave shawls but I am having too much fun with my new RH. Merry Christmas! Happy Weaving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your hand made loom!!!(very inspiring)

    ReplyDelete

  I entered an essay contest to win a 170th anniversary Singer sewing machine. It was to celebrate the 12,000 subcribers to a YouTube channe...