Monday, September 28, 2009

Amish inspiration







After my visit to the Amish community, I was inspired to create a few batts of the wonderful colors if the clothing they wear. They are made with black alpaca, teal, straw, and white wools. I love how they turned out and I spun some yarn from one right away to see how they turn out-Love it! I have some other colors besides teal to mix in and maybe veer off to add some glitz just because I like glitz.
I have one alpaca picture here because of visiting Felvolden alpaca farm on Saturday-It was national alpaca days-I bought some fiber from them(of course) and learned even more about alpacas. What a great weekend I had!!








4 comments:

  1. I love your source of inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great color combination - I would never have thought of it, but the Amish inspiration is obvious! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello they are a beautiful color blend. Love to see what you will make :) Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete

  I entered an essay contest to win a 170th anniversary Singer sewing machine. It was to celebrate the 12,000 subcribers to a YouTube channe...