Thursday, October 18, 2012

Mixed media jewelry

A while back I tried my hand at making some paper jewelry and was pleased with how it turned out.  I finally got a whole necklace finished and I love it!
The necklace part is some hand spun art yarn, then the pendant is a blend of paper (for the large oval) and a metal washer, a copper domed disk and a bead.  I fashioned a bail from some copper colored flat wire and made spirals for end caps with a clasp.  I wore it to a bead show and was thrilled to get some very nice compliments, one being that it looked like Raku pottery.  I just added some embossing powder on the top of the paper.  I'm trying to make more, but that dang old full time job just keeps taking up all my time.

7 comments:

  1. That full time job really does cramp our style.

    That necklace is amazing. I love the texture and colors. I just want to touch it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The big oval is made of paper? Wow! I really don't quite believe you. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well all I can say is, "WOW." No, I can say more. That is just fabulous, I love all the different textures and colours. Fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice yarn. i love the creativity in this necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that is really nice. Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooo, I love your necklace! Great colors and the design is so very unique. I too wish for more time to play but not too hard since I like to eat too, LOL

    ReplyDelete

  I entered an essay contest to win a 170th anniversary Singer sewing machine. It was to celebrate the 12,000 subcribers to a YouTube channe...