Thursday, August 9, 2012

Paper is fiber, too!!

I discovered a new technique for making some pendants and earrings from several layers of watercolor paper and good old Elmer's glue-all. I made some simple shapes and glued them together.  The top layer of most of them is watercolor paint randomly drizzled here and there on a sheet of paper.  Then I just picked out the nicest areas to cut out a shape and glued that to the tops.  A couple of the pieces have a top layer of some handmade paper I made a while ago.  None of them are quite done yet, they need several layers of high gloss varnish.  I'm really liking how this process works.  I learned it all from here:  http://watercolorjewelry.com/blog/2012/02/18/making-watercolor-paper-earrings-simple-and-beautiful/

I hope to finish them this weekend, then use some hand spun yarns and copper wire for the "chains".  I'm anxious to get these finished and see how they turn out.

7 comments:

  1. I love those colors too - very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could use this technique--pretty interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh, those are really cool. I love the colors and using them with handspun and copper will be amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are super cool! I'm looking forward to seeing the finished project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How interesting! Can't wait to see the finished items.

    ReplyDelete

  I entered an essay contest to win a 170th anniversary Singer sewing machine. It was to celebrate the 12,000 subcribers to a YouTube channe...