Friday, July 1, 2011

Itchin' to start...



Can't hardly wait to start spinning for the Tour de Fleece that is being held on Ravelry. I joined 5 different groups.
Peleton-this is one of the main groups-kind of middle of the road.
Team Ashford-for anyone spinning on an Ashford wheel.
Team of Wonder-A group of alpaca fiber lovers and owners. I'll be spinning alpaca on my Ashford Traditional.
Team Frickin' Wicked-for people spinning on a Fricke wheel.
Team Jacob Junkies-A group of Jacob sheep lovers and owners-I'll be spinning Jacob fleece on my Fricke wheel.
I plan to set the wheels side by side to make it easy to reach my goal of spinning at least 15 minutes on each wheel for every day of the race. I hope to take and post pictures along the way. The best part of all this is that I've met and talked to lots of people from all over the world, and hope to make some new and like minded fiber friends.

The basket of white and beige is only a part of my alpaca stash, and the basket of green and brown is a small dent into my Jacob stash. I still have some carding to do.

Get ready.....get set........

4 comments:

  1. Awesome! Despite a thumb injury, I'm starting tomorrow too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathi, many thanks for your comment on my blog, that we bear is so sweet. cheers from New ,Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for Tour de Fleece! I really enjoy this part of the year because it revolves around spinning. I can't wait to see what everyone starts to create.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy day 1 of Tour! Hope you are enjoying the spinning!

    ReplyDelete

  I entered an essay contest to win a 170th anniversary Singer sewing machine. It was to celebrate the 12,000 subcribers to a YouTube channe...