Sunday, March 7, 2010

Painted faces




I decided to try my hand at some face painting-just last week I joined allnorahsart.ning.com to take Sharon Tomlinson's online painting course. The lessons are great, and I love her teaching style. All the gals in the face painting group are really nice, and its great to talk to people all over the country-the world, even.


I'm learning new techniques-and trying hard to put them to good use. It's been a long, long time since I've done any painting, and this is a lot of fun. And frustrating, too. Here are my first two projects--the purple one isn't quite done-I have to finish her wing (she's an angel) and add some flowers. Her shadowing is a bit too dark-but I just can't play with it anymore. I have more lessons to work on so I think I'll move on to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

  I entered an essay contest to win a 170th anniversary Singer sewing machine. It was to celebrate the 12,000 subcribers to a YouTube channe...