Thursday, December 3, 2009

my own flock




I don't think I'll ever have my very own real flock of sheep, so I made some-in ornament form. These little guys are presents for each of the gals in my cloth doll club-"Sew many friends". We get together at Christmas and have a super pot luck dinner and then exchange handmade gifts. I made this with raw(but washed) wool and rose stems for legs. I still need to add a little holly and a bell around their necks to finish them. My 3 year old grandaughter loved them and claimed one for her own-so I will have to make one more--oh, I think I'll probably make many more cuz they are too cute.


I made them by glue-ing 4 sticks to a piece of cardboard and then needle felting the wool around them. A small amount of black was needle felted to the neck to make the face. Super easy and fun.


Happy Fiber Arts Friday!!

5 comments:

  1. Kathi - these are super cute! I'm sure my 4yo would love it if I made her one of those as well (I need to learn some needlefelting, huh?).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathi, I love the sheep. Speaking from experience, these will be much cheaper to take care of!! This is a very cool needlefelting idea. - MaLinda

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute, Kathi! I'm sure your group loved them! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are SOOOOOO cute! Way to go.

    Like MaLinda said - these will be easier to take care of too! What an inspiring project. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

  I entered an essay contest to win a 170th anniversary Singer sewing machine. It was to celebrate the 12,000 subcribers to a YouTube channe...