Monday, July 20, 2009

yes, sir, yes, sir, three bags full.......


Last Saturday I went to a local farmer's market and talked at length to the "alpaca lady". She was really sweet and gave me tons of information. AND...I walked away with three bags of unwashed alpaca-black, carmel, and white. When I got home I immediately washed a handful of each and have already spun up some of the white. I really love working with it so far--it's different than working with wool-but not too much. It just adds more fuel to the fire of my dream to have a hobby farm of my own. Or to find a single farmer. . . . . .

1 comment:

  1. My sister started with a few chickens in her garage & boarding her horsies with friends...Maybe an alpaca co-op?

    ReplyDelete

  I entered an essay contest to win a 170th anniversary Singer sewing machine. It was to celebrate the 12,000 subcribers to a YouTube channe...